Thursday, June 22, 2006

to my bored reader(s) and neighborhood thieves

i recently received some blunt criticism regarding the 17 point scale. a loyal reader frowned and said "your blog hasn't been very good lately." and that's it. no request for expanded seahawks coverage or spicier cooking tips. no call to cut out the photography. not a mention of how i might ammend my errant ways. well, what the crap do you want me to write about?

and speaking of crap, why would someone steal a tent pole from my backyard? thanks for leaving the tent, but what are you going to do with a single tent pole?

oh, and has anyone seen my headlamp? in any case, i'm leaving for saskatchewan on thursday--with or without my tent pole (and head lamp). thus, i won't be posting until i return next week.


andrew david. "the rejects 2: hand jive; our casa complex; a fence; the way; untitled #43" yelapa, mexico.

the colors in 'our casa complex' are not digitally altered. i don't know where the greenness came from...

'untitled #43' was a picture that i really liked. i played with it for awhile, but i couldn't find a good crop. another interesting idea that just didn't work...




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew:
take heart, you're still our internet homepage so not all your fans have abandoned you. packing lists aren't going to hold the attention of the masses (let's be honest), but you're real groupies will stick with you through thick and thin.

on another note...
enjoy saskatchewan!

ps--we have a tent if you want to borrow it, complete with poles and everything.

Anonymous said...

oh crap i hate it when i write 'you're' to mean 'your'. it drives me nuts in writing and i do it all the time without thinking. not that i wasn't thinking when i was commenting on your thought-provoking blog...

hey anyway i was wondering if i could post something while you're gone. or while your gone. i have something almost done that would draw in a lot of hits to your website, i'm positive, because it's popular and unavailable anywhere else on the internet. I think you might get literally 40,000 hits. What do you think? You could send me an email telling me how to do it. and believe me, this is something big! (i don't want to reveal it yet but i could email you about it if you're interested).

Mari

ps--my word verification for this post was "ehhun". what a cool word! what do you think it means? I would say it sounds like somebody clearing their throat.

Joel said...

It's a Canadian way to use a term of endearment, of course, as in: "Let's go to Saskatchewan, eh, hun?"

My word was "Rmuba," obviously a lost lyric from the Beach Boys' hit song "Kokomo." "Rmuba, Jamaica, oh I wanna take ya..."

Anonymous said...

I found an interesting, funny and short document that details some guidelines for posting things on the internet. It was written a little while ago, but it still holds its value. Here it is. I especially like point 18, this line in particular: "A number of Internet posters feel that, since the medium is ephemeral, messages do not need to be composed with care." You usually spell things correctly, but your grammar and capitalization... I don't know...