Tuesday, December 19, 2006

i finished christmas shopping!

in lieu of a proper blog posting, i'm trying a new font. and in addition to tinkering with the 17 point scale text type, i also finished my christmas shopping and started don delillo's white noise. beth recommended it to me during our gre studies. she said something like "it's a strange, post-modern classic; i think you might like it,"and because beth has a surprisingly keen sense of what others like, i thought something like "okay." and now here i am reading white noise and experimenting with blog fonts [p.s., it turns out that the new font is invisible. what a waste. oh, well, ain't life grand?]


unknown. "flipbook potential" shekinah, saskatchewan. (i spent about five minutes studying these pictures. during that time i discovered great, earth-shaking truths and was bemused by the animate nature of my hands, cup, and expression [and by 'my' i'm referring to me, the guy in the stripes], especially in contrast to beth's motionless expression of mock gravity.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is cute!!!

Anonymous said...

merry Christmas Eve!

emillikan said...

Beth, you're so serious in these pictures!
Also, White Noise is AWESOME. I need to read it again. I think I cried a lot.

andrew said...

what's my favorite thing about being home alone? sitting on the heat register, of course. ahhhhhhh.

merry christmas season!

grim indeed.

wow! awesome is quite an endorsement. i haven't cried yet, but maybe i will soon. the characters are still a bit too strange for me to relate that much. but delillo has some rather thoughtful moments.