Sunday, September 24, 2006

book club

dear book clubbers (and out-of-town blog-readers to whom this may not pertain),

august has come and gone and we still haven't book clubbed. i suppose it's about time. when would you like to me meet? where would you like to meet? in what type of flannery o'connor activity would you like to partake?

and what would you like to read next? if you won't be attending the fo'c book club but are interested in next month's (hah!) meeting, this is your opportunity to give suggestions.

by the way this isn't a picture of me. i think that's supposed to be flannery o'connor. i borrowed the picture from the online oxford american magazine.


8 comments:

andrew said...

i suggest meeting wednesday, october 4, 2006.

we should drink ice cold lemonaide.

and i think that our next book should be a novel.

Anonymous said...

Andrew I am officially not going to meet this time, but I suggest we read another Russian novel!!!! Yeah!!! Yebo!!! Hey weren't we thinking about Kafka at some point? I re=instate that idea.

ps I think we should start a 17 point scale rating system re: the portraits you leave on your website ;)

Mrs. Galore said...

October 4 would work for me. I like lemonade. I think we should read a children's book. It's been too long since I read Harriet the Spy ... Rats of NIMH ... The Borrowers ... P.S. I have a new email address so will you email me for it? I'm going to decline to post it on the World Wide Interwebs.

Anonymous said...

I can do Wednesday the 5th. Shall we say 7:00?

andrew said...

7pm = good for me

and you mean, wednesday, the 4th, right?

russian books or kids books, eh....

that's three...nearly a quorum....

andrew said...

i'm worried that only 3 of us have rsvp'd (andrew, beth, sarah). should we still have book club tomorrow night????

Anonymous said...

I don't know where to go for lemonade. The best I could find was a café in Madison Park, and I don't really want to go all the way out there. And actually
I think you're right, 3 people isn't enough. If we don't get more responses after sending an email, I think we should cancel.

Let's just say 7:30 at my house, I'll make the lemonade.

andrew said...

sarah (and anyone else that may read this comment),

i think we're gonna' cancel the club until we can gather more people. if you still want to meet call me on the number that i left on your phone (not the one that i called from--oops)