Monday, April 24, 2006

a pg-13 post [1]

in an ideal world, i would subscribe to the seattle times. i would be a vital instrument in the resurrection of print media. i'd have stacks and stacks of papers, everywhere. my paper buying ways would make my girlfriend and her advertising clients very happy.

one day she'd walk into my living room and sigh. it would be a pleasant, homecoming kind of sigh. a (how nice to finally be home for) christmas sigh. i might be tinkering with chords on my goodwill piano or vigorously brushing my teeth as i check espn scores or building oragami barnyard animals in our fashionable kitchen nook, but that sigh would send a lightening bolt through the universe. my piano would squak and die (finally, graciously). that nameless cross between toothpaste and spittle would shower my laptop in neon blue. the barnyard animals would lose their legs.

i'm not being overly dramatic, christmas sighs don't belong here. as you may know, beth and i have been recouping from the gre by watching the second season of 24. the constant battle in this endeavor is between my HUGE tv and her NICE house. i always rally for the tv and beth always rallies for the house. you see, even without the hypothetical newspaper piles, my house is a state-registered bachelor pad, a hop-skotch course of dishes, cookies, and clothes. and brown carpet, ugly brown carpet.

still, this lazy summer sigh tells me that a newspaper subscription would change all that. beth would walk into my living room and remember...

[i'm sleepy, so this is to be continued...]

andrew david 'sunset at the intersection of the present and the prehistoric.' puerto vallarta, mexico.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

remember what?! tell me, I'm in suspense. Actually, I like your brown carpte. When I can see it. :) What was PG-13 about that post?

andrew said...

you'll learn soon enough. the pg-13 part comes later -- in the conclusion.

Joel said...

I SO can't wait for the profanity and/or adult situations and/or mild drug references that are sure to come.

andrew said...

oh, no!i'm afraid that i may need to rethink the next post. i'm afraid that my previous ending might not fit these standards. aw, screw the mpaa.

Joel said...

http://mpaa.org/FlmRat_Ratings.asp
In case you're curious. I was.