Thursday, September 29, 2005

a secret intermission [cont. 1]

darrrr. the rain has arrived.

if i were writing a poem, i think i'd use the title 'yet another sunset in golgotha' as my inspiration. however, the cluster of trees on the hill is much too busy for a literal golgotha and this literal incongruity might dissuade viewers from pursuing the picture any further. my only hope would be if they happened to be sitting in my living room at this very instant. in that case, they'd be privy to an unusual experience; that of my flatmate (we'll call him Mark) crooning gabriel faure's libera me (take a browse at http://www.emusic.com/album/10827/10827503.html). yep, i think a requiem (and a dark title) might be just the thing to spark interest in my nearly ordinary photo.

in the meantime, here's a pic of the mug behind the voice:


2 comments:

andrew said...

i'm sorry to offend you. perhaps you'd like a goofier picture? i thought this pic seemed appropriate, you can almost imagine him singing the requiem. perhaps i should have cut out the watermelon...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.